Blockchain Development Decision Course
This ONLINE on-demand course introduces you to the decisions related to a blockchain deployment. Blockchain is becoming one of the most exciting technologies that is disrupting business and industries alike. While currently in the beginning stages of deploying this technology, it is important to understand the available platforms, hosting, associated technologies, languages and security is paramount to the success of any POC or enterprise deployment. Corporate Executives, decision makers, stakeholders and developers seeking to align their efforts with the technology need to be aware of the various aspects related to this technology and development.
In this course, we seek to present an independent view of each of these topics. Our approach is to share the pros and cons of each decision as well as a non-technical summary of implementation.
- Identifying the decisions and participants in a successful blockchain implementation
- Learn about various blockchain platforms – Open Source and Commercial
- Understand the hosting and mining options
- Awareness of associated technologies
- Understand the primary programming languages, and
- Determining the decisions surrounding the security of blockchains
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- Software developers
- Corporate executives seeking to connect corporate strategy with this technology
- Government executives looking to better understand blockchain opportunities
- Supply chain managers
- Technology Enthusiasts
PREREQUISITES FOR THE COURSE
- A basic understanding of blockchain
LENGTH OF COURSE
Module 1: Blockchain Development Essentials
The decision to use blockchain technology is multifaceted. There are discussions of Platforms, Hosting and Mining. What sort of architectural and resource capabilities and constraints should be considered in making the early decisions that will have dramatic impact on the success of the project.
- Is blockchain technology the right solution
- Who are the participants in a blockchain project?
- What type of blockchain should be used
- What is the environment that will host the blockchain?
- What additional technologies are important to success
- What programming languages are available to various solutions
- What security considerations are there
Module 2: Blockchain Platforms
There are many existing blockchain platforms. Understanding each as well as the various pros and cons allows for selecting the most advantageous platform for each implementation of a new project. This module will cover the major platforms.
Open Source Platforms
- Open chain
- Hyperledger (Fabric/Iroha)
- Hydra Chain
- Chain Core
- Symbiont Assembly /
Module 3: Hosting/Mining Decisions
Each blockchain platform has specific advantages and weaknesses. Understanding how each is designed allows for a strategic implementation for each project.
- Private / Public
- Permissioned / Permissionless
- IBM Blue Mix
- Distributed Networks
- Developing your own network of nodes
- Transaction Costs
Module 4: Associated Technologies
There are a number of associated technologies and blockchain architecture that provide enhanced features and functions. This segment is a discussion of a few of them and how they impact the platform decisions.
- On-chain vs. Off-chain
- Lightning Network
- Smart Contracts
- CoCo Framework
Module 5: Development Languages
Development of blockchains is never done in a vacuum. Understanding the strengths of each development language and where it is deployed allows for alignment of existing skill sets with the internal or preferred development languages for blockchain implementations.
- C++, C : Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Litecoin
- Java: Bitcoin Cash, IOTA, Litecoin, NEM
- Python: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin
- Go: Hyperledger, Ethereum, IOTA,
Module 6: Security and Implementation Goals
Implementation of any enterprise project is always problematic, and pitfalls seem to be everywhere. Here are a few Security and Implementation issues that should be considered with any large-scale development.
- Government Regulations
- Legal Issues
- Security Loopholes
- Defining project goals
- Metrics to determine success/failure
- Hurdles to Blockchain Adoption
- 10 secrets about blockchain
Module 7: Risk Management
A discussion on the various Risk Management aspects of technology selection.
- Enterprise Risk
- Operational Risk
- Geopolitical Risk
- Market Risk
- Reputational Risk
- Systematic Risk
- Third Party Risk Management
Module 8: Digital Transformation Traps & Summary
An outline of issues surrounding digital transformations.
- A summary of the Mechanics of Blockchain Technology
- Principles for Sustainability
- Network Extensibility and Governance